Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome back!

I hope everyone is well rested from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I just wanted to update all of you about some changes that we are doing in our room. In preparation for Next Generational classroom, which your children will be part of next year, we are removing the desks. The children are doing this on a volunteer basis. Some of them don't feel ready for it and that is fine. However, the goal is to have everyone desk free by the fourth quarter. However, even then, I won't do it if they feel it will affect their learning. Each child has two bins for their things and those will be stored on the shelves in the classroom. However, I am sticking with the assignment notebooks and homework assignments for the third quarter since I think the students still need that structure. Feel free to come in and see the changes anytime if you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment